Voting plays a major role in the formation of our democratic government. People of India elect a government of their choice by voting every five years. It is done by way of ballot and hence a lot of mal practices occur. In order to avoid malpractices, a committee was set up and now the CEO that is the Chief Election Officer leads the Committee.
They came up with the concept of Voter ID Card; also known as The Election Card where by each person has to carry their voter id card to the election booth. One cannot vote without the Election Card.
Along with the Election Card inclusion of one’s name in the Voter List is also a must. So the Election Commission looks after all these matters and does its best to promote fair elections.
Who Is CEO Andhra?
The CEO Andhra has been set up by the Election Commission of India. It has set up a CEO in every state to as to distribute work and keep a close watch on every activity during Elections.
The CEO Andhra monitors the work relating to the conduct of General Elections and Bye-Elections to the House of People from Andhra Pradesh, A.P. Legislative Assembly and A.P. Legislative Council. This includes preparation and updating the Electoral Rolls, Issue of Photo Identity Cards to Electors, rationalization/re-organization of Polling Stations, voters’ education, and implementation of Model Code of Conduct, the Election Laws and the instructions issued by the Election Commission of India from time to time.
CEO Andhra Website
The chief electoral officer of Andhra has its own website which gives details about general elections, Mee Seva centers, laws and right to information. There is a lot of information available on the website, you simply have to visit the link – CEOAndhra.nic.in
It monitors the work relating to the conduct of General Elections and Bye-Elections to the House of People from Andhra Pradesh, A.P. Legislative Assembly and A.P. Legislative Council. This includes preparation and updating the Electoral Rolls, Issue of Photo Identity Cards to Electors, rationalization/re-organization of Polling Stations, voters’ education, and implementation of Model Code of Conduct, the Election Laws and the instructions issued by the Election Commission of India from time to time.
The Andhra Pradesh CEO maintains a website where the voters can easily login with their dedicated username and password to apply for their new voter ID card or make changes in the voter list.
Registration Forms Details
In order make the voting system simpler you can fill up a number of forms and make any changes, apply for a new Voter ID Card or cancel your card, in one go. All you have to do is visit your CEO Andhra Website and select one from these four e-registration forms available in the website:
Form-6: New Enrollment.
Form-7: Objection to inclusion of name.
Form-8: Correction in the card.
Form-8A: Transpose your card.
Candidates who don’t have a voter id card yet and want to get one should select Form-6 for new application registration.
Select Form-7 for the any objections regarding the inclusion of name.
And Form-8 in case if you have any corrections to be made on already issued voter ID card.
How to Register Voter ID Card On Ceoandhra.nic.in
- If you are staying in Andhra Pradesh and want to apply for a voter ID card to vote at an assembly constituency in the state, you can do so through the following steps:
- Access http://www.ceoandhra.nic.in website. The Home Page of the website is displayed. It asks you to register with your credentials to get your username and password.
- Once done, you will get a unique username name and password.
- Login with this user name and password. You will be directed to an e-registration link. Click the E-registration link. You will come across various forms.
- Access the correct form as per your need. For instance:
- Use Form 6 if you are a new voter without a voter ID card at all.
- Use Form 8 if your name is not in the voter list of your assembly constituency or data in your voter ID card is wrong.
- Use Form 8A if you have changed your address in the same assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- Once done, you need to click the Submit button. A registration number would be provided to you. Don’t forget to submit hard copies of your age proof and address proof to the nearest Election Registration Officer (ERO)’s office. In case, you are not a new user, Andhra Pradesh CEO’s department will send across a voter ID card through post. If you are a new voter, the Booth Level Officers (BLO) will visit you to verify the credentials. Once verified, you can expect to get your voter card soon.
How To Check The Status Of Voter ID Card?
Candidates who are already registered for the Voter ID Card, can check the status of the application.
1) Visit this website Ceoandhra.nic.in
2) Click on “Know Your Status” feature
3) Then on the new page you need to select whether you’re going to check status for Form-6 or Form-8 or Form-8A.
4) Enter the application ID or House number or Applicant name to know the status.
If your name is present in the Electoral rolls and you did not receive your Electors photo Identity Card (EPIC), visit the nearby polling station or election commission office. For more details, you visit ceoandhra.nic.in.
The Andhra election authorities have also gone a step forward and offered another amazing service on mobile. The voters living throughout Andhra Pradesh can now also find out whether their names are in the voters list of their area using mobile phones. This application can work in any mobile phone that has Android operating system. You can download this mobile phone application directly from the official website. In addition to it, the CEO AP has also devised its very own mobile application for the voters, right across the entire state to find the status of voter ID in AP. The voters can simply send an SMS on the number 9246280027 to know details like polling station and ERO details of their own areas.