IMPORTANT: Even though this post is for 2014 – The details and procedure to Vote without voter ID in Maharashtra remains the same.
Maharashtra Assembly elections 2014 are one day ahead. Voters must ensure the following things in order to cast their vote and make their opinion count at the polling booth on 15th October 2014: –
- You should have your name in the Maharashtra voter list 2014 of your constituency.
- You should have a proper and error free voter id card.[Not mandatory because you can still vote without a voter id card]
- You must reach the polling station in between the given time frame.
- You must queue up properly and wait for your turn.
- You must pledge not to accept any cash or bribe in return for a vote.
- You must ensure that no one else goes and casts a bogus vote in place of you.
Some of the above mentioned things are pretty obvious but still it is our duty to enlighten about the all possible things that must be taken care of, before you head to the designated polling station in your constituency. Our motive to present this article to enlighten you about the fact that voters in Maharashtra can still vote without voter id card. So, for those of you who are worried about the fact that they have lost their EPIC or damaged it or simple did not collect it from the ERO, we have a message: – Do not worry, you can still cast a vote and make your opinion count in the Maharashtra assembly elections 2014. Read on to know the details.
How Can I Vote Without Voter ID Card in Maharashtra?
The Election Commission of India and the CEO Maharashtra have published a list of alternate documents that can be used in place of a voter id card in Maharashtra assembly elections 2014. So if you have do not a voter id card, misplaced it, or even damaged it by mistake then you still cast your vote without voter id card provided you have your name in the voter list of your constituency and provide any one of the alternate identity documents. Please note that it is mandatory to have your name registered in the voters’ list otherwise you cannot cast your vote by any means on the election day tomorrow.
List of Alternate Documents you can use to Vote Without Voter ID Card
Here is the list of documents you can choose to present in front of the polling officer on the Maharashtra assembly election day and be allowed to cast your vote without voter id card: –
- Driving License;
- Aadhar Card;
- Pan Card;
- Service Identity Card with a photo of yours. This must be the one issued to the employees by the state or the central govt., PSUs/Public limited companies.
- Smart card issued by RGI under NPR;
- MNREGA(Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) Job Card;
- Health insurance smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labor;
- Passbook with a photo of yours and issued by bank or post office;
- Authenticated voter slip signed by the election machinery;
- Pension document with a photo of yours.
Hence even if you have any one of the documents along with your name in the voter list 2014 of your Maharashtra constituency then you would certainly be able to cast your vote without voter id card on the election day tomorrow.
Possible Cases for Which the Alternate Documents to Voter ID Card Can be Used
Here are the possible cases due to which you would possibly have to vote without voter id card and rather use one of the alternate documents listed above: –
- If you lost your election card or misplace it.
- If you damaged your voter id card by mistake.
- If you have wrong details on your voter id card. In case of spelling or factual errors on your voter id card, you may face problems and may be denied an entry into the polling booth. Hence, in such a case it is advisable that you carry one of the alternate documents from the list mentioned above.
- Even if you never collected your EPIC from the electoral registration officer(ERO) then also you can carry one of the alternate documents to the polling booth to be allowed to cast your vote in the Maharashtra assembly elections.
One thing that you must again pay attention to is that, you must have your name in the voters’ list otherwise even the alternate documents would not help you to exercise your franchise to vote on the election day.
Check Your Name in the Maharashtra Assembly Election 2014 Voter List
As we mentioned, having your name in the voter list Maharashtra is the foremost important factor that would let you cast your vote on the election day. Hence it is important that you re-check your name in the list to make sure that your precious time and effort to cast a vote does not go in vain. So, here is how you can check your name in the Maharashtra voter list 2014 for the assembly elections.
You can check name online by visiting the CEO Maharashtra official website. Visit www.ceo,maharashtra.gov.in and you would find the desired link to voter list name checking search engines in a section called ‘Citizens Corner’. The following are the latest options available on the ‘citizens corner’: –
- Search your name in the final electoral roll 2014(For Mumbai city, Mumbai sub-urban, Thane, Palghar, Raigad, Ratanagiri and Sindhudurg).
- Search your name in the final electoral roll 2014(For Pune, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Kolhapur, Nashik, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar & Ahmednagar)
- Search your Name in Final Electoral Roll 2014(For Nagpur, Amravati & Aurangabad Division)