As most of you would already be aware about, the Election Commission of India is an autonomous body which is in charge of administering all the processes related to elections in India. It is the election commission which is responsible to make sure that the elections are conducted in a fair manner. Earlier the election commission of India had only one election commissioner. However, since 1 october, 1993 this changed and the concept of multi election commissioners was adopted. The state election commission is to establish democracy at the state level and the elections are conducted in every state headed by the state election commission.
The website for the main election commission of India is www.eci.nic.in . On the home page of this website, you will see news feed relating to elections. You can check all the election results on this website and can also have a look at the various laws relating to the election process.
Steps to Find The State Election Commission Website:
1. In order to find the state election commission website for your state, you will first have to visit the main website of election commission of India. The website is www.eci.nic.in .
2. Once you have visited the website, the next step involves scrolling down until you see “Quick Links”.
3. In the quick links provided at the bottom left of the website, you will see 6 links in the first column.
4. Click on the link named as “Link to state/UT CEOs”
5. Once you have clicked on this link, you will be redirected to the page which will have a drop down menu having the names of all the states. You now need to select your state and click on “Go”.
6. As soon as you click on go with the selected state, you will be redirected to the state election commission website of the state you selected.
How to Get Contact Details of Different State Election Commission:
1. Go to the website www.eci.nic.in
2. On the top right corner you will see the link “Delimitation”. In order to get the contact details of state election commissioners, click on it.
3. You will be redirected to a page showing you various links. At the bottom it will be written “Please Click here to visit Delimitation Website”. Click on the link and you will be taken to another website.
4. Once you are on the Delimitation website, you will see a number of links at your left. Click on the link named “The Commission”.
5. Clicking on the commission link will result in showing you three direct links. These links will be members of the commission, directory and state election commissioners. You will have to click on the link named “State Election Commissioners”.
6. Clicking on this link will open a PDF file in which the details of all the commissioners of different state will be given along with the address and telephone and fax numbers of the commissioners.
In order to make your work easier, we present you with the direct link to this PDF file, Click here to get the contact details of the state election commission.
Have a nice day!