Here is some great news for all citizens of India. The status of voter ID cards can be checked online by a very simple process, using the facility of – NVSP Track Status. Voter IDs can be easily tracked now, through the National Voters service portal. This portal has been provided by the Election commission of India, with an attempt to make several processes related to ID cards and registration, easier.
NVSP Track Status – Online Process:
The election Commission of India is the organization responsible for conduction of the elections and it also provides the voter cards to all eligible citizens. All Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 years are eligible for voting and can register for the voter ID card online. A large number of people apply for the election cards online. Here following are the form numbers for making changes in the electoral roll, for verification or applying for a new voter card.
- For the addition of the name of an individual to the electoral roll – Form 6 or form 6A
- For raising any objection or for the deletion of an individual’s name from the electoral roll – Form 7
- For correction of entries – Form 8
- For the modification or transposition of name, middle or last name, age, address, gender, EPIC number – Form 8A
A lot of things can be easily done using the NVSP portal. It saves lots of time. You can also search for your name in the voter list, by using your EPIC number, personal details, name and address.
To check your name in the voter list online, Click here.
Track NVSP Status – Step by step process
It is very easy to use the website of NVSP to check your status of Voter ID card. Here is the complete process to do it without any trouble. You can easily get all details and voter card status on the National Voter’s Service Portal. Follow these steps –
- Go to the official website of the Election Commission of India. eci.nic.in
- Next, you need to follow the link to the National Voter’s Service Portal
- You can also directly go to the portal at nvsp.in
- The page to the website will open. Click on the link that says ‘correction of entries in electoral roll’.
- Another web page opens. Here, enter the reference ID you have and then, you can check the status of your online application.
Other services provided by the NVSP
There are lots of services which are provided by this government portal. Existing registered voters can complete lots of tasks easily, besides the registration facility for the new voters.
- Search for your name in the electoral roll.
- You can know your BLO, booth, DEO as well as ERO.
- You can file for deletions in electoral roll.
- You can request for corrections in voter card.
Know more about National Voter’s Service Portal. Click here.
For more information regarding the services provided by ECI website or the NVSP, and step by step guides for process like voter search, NVSP track status, etc. stay connected to Voter ID Card.