The online voter registration is a simple 4 step process. CEO Login is an online portal available for each state in India. Through this portal citizens can enjoy facilities such as online voter registration, apply to make changes in already existing voter ID. FORM 6 is an online application form for applying for enrolment as a new voter for the first time. Filling in this form for online voter registration is a matter of a few minutes if you continue reading.
Online Voter Registration Process – 4 Simple Steps to register as a voter:
Yes, as said above the following 4 simple steps for Online Voter Registration will ease your Voter ID application process to a large extent. Have a look.
STEP 1: REGISTER!
If you already have a CEO login ID and password you can directly jump to STEP 2. To Sign Up,
- Go to your respective state’s CEO login Page and click on the sign up option.
- A New User Registration Form appears.
- It is a simple form requiring basic details such as your name, address, mobile number, occupation and category of registration.
- The category of registration field is a drop-down box from which you can select your category.
- Be cautious while entering your mobile number, because the server sends a One Time Password (OTP) to it, which is necessary to complete the registration.
- Like in any online registration form you need to enter a desired username and password and a secret security question.
- Finally enter your OTP and voila you have successfully registered!
STEP 2: SIGN IN!
Yes, the very obvious next step is to Login using your CEO Login ID and password. You can go to the CEO login Page.
STEP 3: CHOOSE!
Once you login, an array of forms get displayed. They include forms for Applying for online voter registration or for making changes to the already existing ID. I’m going to brief you on the process of online voter registration and the form that will help us do that is CEO FORM 6, right on top of the list.
STEP 4: FILL IN FORM-6
The CEO FORM 6 is a simple one page online form, so don’t give up yet:
- You need to enter the Assembly Constituency you will be voting from. If you don’t have a clue then just enter the Area/Locality you belong to.
- The first part of the CEO FORM 6 is a series of personal details questions. You need to enter your name, Date of Birth, age, sex and place of birth.
- You will also need to enter a relation’s name who could be you father, mother, husband or anybody else.
- Then you need to fill in your address and mobile number. Mobile number SHOULD be either your own or one of your family member’s. Again, make sure to enter the correct number because an OTP will be sent to it which is required to complete the form.
- The next part of the CEO FORM 6 requires details of your family members who have already made it to the voter’s list, if any.
- Finally, you need to sign the declaration stating that you are an Indian citizen and an ordinary resident at the address previously give by you.
- Enter the OTP sent to you, preview and verify the form once and submit it.
You cannot save the form, hence it is advised the fill it up in one go.
Certain fields have a Hindi and an English blank. This is because your voter ID card is going to be bi-lingual. The English fields are for you to fill and the Hindi fields will be automatically filled, which you can check before submitting. Don’t know Hindi? Just ignore it!
Online voter registration takes as much effort as it would take even lesser effort than it would take for you to go to the nearest booth, on a holiday, to cast a vote. So please do it now.