Link Aadhaar card to Voter ID Card in less than 5 minutes – It is as simple as a click, next done…..
The Election Commission of India announced a few weeks back that it wants all the voters, who happen to be the holders of aadhaar Cards, to link them to their Voter ID Cards. In a bid to eliminate all the fake Voter ID Cards and put a check on the growing population of defunct and fake voters, this announcement was something that was received with great enthusiasm by the voters as well as Voter ID Card helpdesk authorities like us. So, here is a quick guide on how to link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card in less than 5 minutes through NVSP portal and SMS.
NVSP – Link Aadhaar card to Voter ID Card in less than 5 minutes:
Linking aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card is a very important task that must be taken very seriously by all the holders of both these ID Cards. Moreover, it takes just 2 minutes to feed your aadhaar Number to the Voter ID Card details. There are 2 quick ways to link aadhaar Card to Voter Card.
Link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card Online
You can feed the aadhaar Number to your Voter Card details by visiting the newly launched Voter ID Card Service website by the Election Commission of India. This website is called the National Voters’ Service Portal or NVSP. Type www.NVSP.in on the address bar of your internet browser to access this portal. The following steps would let you link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card in just 2 minutes:
- Visit www.NVSP.in
- Click on the image with the caption, ‘Feed Your aadhaar Number’.
- On the landing page, you would require to search your name in the Voters’ list of your constituency.
- You can do that in two simple ways, either click on ‘Search by Name’ or ‘Search by EPIC No.’
- We suggest you search name by entering your EPIC No. because that would take lesser time.
- Once you enter your EPIC No., you would be able to see your details entered in the voters’ list of your Constituency.
- Click on ‘View'(On the extreme left of the row with the details).
- On the details page, you can then feed your aadhaar data i.e. your name and aadhaar Number as they appear on your aadhaar Card. This would link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card
- To complete the linking, you would need to register your mobile number and e-mail address.
- Once you correctly enter these two details, click ‘Submit’.
- On successful submission of details, you would receive a confirmation message via e-mail or text message. This would confirm that the successful link of aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card
Is it mandatory to link the Voter ID Card and the aadhaar Card? Find out here.
Link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card via SMS
Internet connection is not mandatory if you want to link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card. This linking of the two supreme identity cards can also be done via quick text message.
To link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card via SMS, you need to type in the following text message: –
- ECILINK<Voter ID Card Number><aadhaar Number>
- A sample SMS of this kind would typically look like- ‘ECILINK IJH3456780 123456789123’
- Once you’re done typing an SMS of this format, you can send it to the number 51969
- You would then shortly receive a confirmation SMS declaring the link aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card part.
Thus, you can choose either of the two above mentioned ways to link aadhaar Card to Voter Card and stay assured that the process would not take more than 2 minutes of your important time. If in case, you face any problems while linking the two identity cards, you can leave us a comment below.
You can also directly contact the NVSP tech support at [email protected]
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.