Voter ID Card can be applied in two ways, Offline and Online. For offline Voter ID Card, one needs to visit the nearby Electoral Office and get the form6. This is the form that should be submitted to get the Voter ID Card. Since this process involves going to the office and standing in the lines or waiting for the officer and other time consuming processes it is always better to go for the online mode of application. Also Offline method takes 7 to 8 months for the whole process to get completed. On the other hand Online Voter ID method is easy, and can be done in around 2 months.
Can I get the Online Voter ID faster than offline application?
Both the offline and Online methods are procedurally similar, but the time taken for the whole process matters. Let us know in detail about both the processes and conclude which one is faster and easier.
Applying Voter ID Card offline
- The first and foremost thing one should do to get a voter ID card is to fill form6 (for new Voters)
- This is available in the local Electoral Office but you can also download and print it from National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP).
Click here for form6 offline.
Also Check – How to Fill Form 6 in easy steps – Click Here
- Fill the form in all the required fields with correct details.
- Attach the supporting documents such as Date of birth Certificate, Address Proof, Photo Identity Proof etc.
- Submit it to the concerned officer in the Electoral Office. They will acknowledge the receipt.
- Wait for the Voter ID Card to reach to your address by post.
The above method seems to be easy, but practically not. Since we need to visit the office it involves travel. It may or maynot be near to us. It also involves waiting in lines for hours to collect the form and to submit it. Hence it is definitely time consuming process. Also it takes more than 7 months for getting the Voter ID Cards owing to the procedural delays. Hence it is recommended to go for the online method which is faster and easier.
How to Apply Online Voter ID Card
- Same as the offline method, Online method too requires filling the form6. But it can be filled and submitted Online from, National Voter’s Service Portal.
Click here to go to NVSP website.
- While uploading make sure you have all the supporting original documents with you. Any mistake while filling the application will result in repeating the whole process.
- Also you should have the scanned copies of the Address proof and Photo ID proof during the submission. You should upload those documents before submitting the application.
- Once on successful submission, you need to wait for a month for the Booth Level Officer to come and visit your address for verification. Hence you are required to stay in the same address as you entered in the form6 atleast till the verification process is done.
- At the time of verification, you are supposed to show the original documents of those uploaded. Hence make sure to keep them safe.
- Once verified Successfully, it takes less than a month for getting the Voter ID through Post.
Offline or Online Voter Id Card, Which is faster?
Hence, owing to the ease and time for the process to complete, applying for Online Voter ID Card is always the better option. If you are applying a voter ID Card, consider it applying it Online.
Click here to apply Online Voter ID Card through the official website.