The Election Commission of India Form 6 is published by the Election Commission, which was established in accordance with the Constitution.The Constitution of India has allowed for the Election Commission of India to maintain the work of the superintendence, direction and control of the entire process for conduct of elections and the voting process.
The participation of voters in the electoral processes is important to the successful running of a democracy and the basis of complete democratic elections. For that, it is important for one to have a voter ID card to participate in the election process and vote for a representative to the government.
To know more about the importance of voter card, click here.
Who can become a voter and when can one fill Election Commission of India Form 6?
Anyone can apply for a voter card at any time by following the instructions given. Those eligible for applying for voter ID card are as follows:
(a) Every citizen who is older than or equal to being 18 years old on the qualifying date, which is the 1st January of the concerned year, unless the citizen is disqualified is eligible to be enrolled.
(b) Enrollment will be only at the ordinary place of residence.
(c) Enrollment will be only at one place.
(d) Overseas Indians deemed to be ordinarily residents at the address given in passport can fill the Election Commission of India Form 6.
(e) Service Voters who are deemed to be ordinarily resident at their home address can also fill Election Commission of India Form 6.
One has to file the application for the purpose, in prescribed Election Commission of India Form 6, before the constituency’s Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer within which the place of ordinary residence of the applicant is.
The application which is accompanied by copies of the relevant documents can be filled
- In person before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer
- Can be sent by post addressed or can be handed over to Booth Level Officer of the polling area
- Can even be filled online on the website of Chief Electoral Officer of the concerned state or website of the Election Commission of India.
While filing Election Commission of India Form 6 online, the copies of necessary documents should also be uploaded like the following:
a) Proof of residence
- Such as a driving license, a passport, a bank pass book, or a postal letter received in your name on your address etc.
- In case you are a student residing in a Hostel or elsewhere etc, then get a Declaration in the proforma.
- A scanned copy of the above can also be uploaded.
b) Proof of age
- Such as birth certificate, school leaving certificate etc.
- This is only required if you are between 18 and 21 years of age.
To more about how to fill Election Commission of India Form 6 correctly, click on this link.
Options for an Eligible Voter to fill Election Commission of India Form 6
- Log on to the ECI website by clicking here, or the respective state CEO websites.
- Click on ‘Online Voter Registration‘ tab.
- If you are a new user, sign up, where you will get a user name and password.
- Upload a passport size colour photograph.
- Upload proof of residence and age.
2.Download Election Commission of India Form 6 from the website and send it by post/deliver it personally.
- Go to ‘Forms’ on the home page.
- Click on Election Commission of India Form 6: Application for Inclusion as a New Voter for the First Time.
- Download and fill the Election Commission of India Form 6 and stick one passport size photograph.
- Upload proof of residence and age.
- Send the Election Commission of India Form 6 and documents by post to the Voters’ Registration and EPIC Center.
- You can also deliver the Form and the documents personally to any one of the following:
- The VREC of your Assembly Constituency.
- The closest Designated Location.
- The Booth Level Officer (BLO).
4.Personally collect and deliver Election Commission of India Form 6.
- You can pick up Election Commission of India Form 6, attach the documents in proof of your residence and age and submit this to any of the following:
- i) Your VREC
- ii) Closest Designated Location
- iii) Your BLO
- iv) By post to your VREC
For more detailed information on how to fill Form 6, click here.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.