The Election Commission of India has recently revolutionized the way online voter registration tasks are carried out. The reason for this revolution is the launching of the National Voters’ Service Portal. The NVSP is now the one stop web portal for all your voter registration queries. NVSP.in is now also the official website where you can apply for new voter id card in minutes. This is a quick article to instruct you how to complete new voter registration and apply for new voter id card Online on the National Voters’ Service Portal.
Visit NVSP.in and Apply for New Voter ID Card in Minutes
By launching the National Voters’ Service Portal, the Election Commission of India has not only eased the load on its official website, but, also made the process of new voter registration more convenient. Therefore, if you want to apply for new voter id card online, the process is now easier than ever. Following are the simple steps:
- Visit the National Voters’ Service Portal which is www.NVSP.in
- Click on the icon that says, ‘Apply online for registration of new user’.
- This will take you to the online version of the Form No. 6 which is required to be filled if you want to apply for new voter id card and an entry of your name to the voters’ list.
- The fields in the form would be in English and Hindi simultaneously. So, you would not need to Download the Hindi form no. 6 separately.
- Fill in all the mandatory details in the online form.
- Upload the required photograph and/or the identity, age, D.O.B proof document.[It is not mandatory to upload the documents while you apply for new voter id card online]
- In case you were already registered as a voter in some other Constituency, you would have to enter the details of your previous registration and declare that you surrender the previous registration.
- Save the completed form.
- After rechecking all the filled details for errors and accuracy, you may click ‘Submit’ to complete your Online Form No. 6 application.
Other ways to Apply for New Voter ID Card
The process to apply for new voter id card is not limited to the National Voters’ Service portal. There are other ways too. However, the method explained above is the quickest one. Here are the alternate methods to apply for new voter id card: –
- Walk to the nearest Electoral Registration Officer’s office.
- Ask for the printed copy of the Form No. 6 required to apply for new Voter ID Card.
- Fill in all the details and attach photographs along with all the mandatory document proofs.
- Submit the completed form either in person or via post(address to the same ERO).
- Visit the Election Commission of India website.
- Click on ‘Electoral Roll’ and then on the sub-option, ‘PDF Application Forms’.
- Select the Form No. 6 and the language you want to download it in.
- Print the downloaded PDF application form no. 6 required to apply for new voter id card.
- Fill it in the same way as mentioned above.
Please Note that this guide is meant for a first time voter or a voter who has recently shifted to another Constituency and hence, requires a new voter id card. If you are looking to apply for new voter id card because you have lost/damaged the previous one, CLICK HERE FOR THE COMPLETE GUIDE to duplicate voter id card.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.