As per the official rules stated by the Election Commission of India , the Indian citizens those who are 18 years old as on January 1st of the year for which electoral roll is prepared are eligible as the voters to vote in the elections in the Constituency where he/she resides and have a valid Voter ID card. Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) is issued in public interest by the Election Commission of India. It serves not only as photo identity during Elections but also as a most powerful Identity Card where ever required. You can apply for Voter ID Online, check its status Online, and can do Correction in Voter ID Card online if entered wrong details such as date of birth, address etc. during the process of application. Today through this article we walk you through the step -by -step procedure of Correction in Voter ID Card for the wrong Date of Birth .
For information on how to apply for a Voter ID Card Click here.
Correction in Voter ID Card:
Correction in Voter ID Card is made easy with the introduction of a unique form (FORM-8) that serves this purpose. Through this form details such as
- Father’s/ Husband’s/ Mother’s Name
- EPIC Number
can be corrected in case of any discrepancy with the originals. For any correction to take effect a valid document proof must be submitted.
If you have received a Voter ID Card with the wrong date of birth that doesn’t match with the one you have on your certificates then you will have to fill the corrections form for Correction in Voter ID Card.
It is very important to get the date of birth details corrected as this is going to be you photo identity card and stands as a proof of your address as well as your identity. Follow the procedure given below in order to make Correction in Voter ID Card for the incorrect date of birth details.
Click Here for more information on Voter ID Correction.
Online Date of Birth Correction in Voter ID Card:
Date of birth correction in Voter ID Card can be done by filling up the corrections form online.
Click here form Online Form 8.
You have to keep all the supporting documents and their softcopies handy as you will have to upload them for correction purpose along with
- ID Proof
- Address Proof
The procedure for filling in Corrections Form is very simple and is as follows:
- The 1st Part of the form asks you to enter your basic details such as
- Serial number and part number of the electoral roll.
- Age , This is the most important step here you will have to enter your correct date of birth (or) age details you wish to correct.
- Then details of Father/ Mother/ Husband etc.
- In the 2nd Part, you will need to enter your permanent address details and these should match the documents you hold.
- In the 3rd Part enter the details of your Election Photo ID Card and uploading the following documents is mandatory.
- Updated Photograph
- Identity Proof
- and Address Proof
- In the 4th Part select the details for which you wish Correction in Voter ID Card. At the end fill in Place, Date, Mobile Number and E-mail ID and click on submit
- Once submitted you have to wait for about 60-90 days for the verification process to complete.
- And once the correction of details is done the corrected details can be seen only when the next succeeding voter’s list is published.
Offline Date of Birth Correction in Voter ID Card:
The Election Commission of India had introduced both offline and online formats of FORM 8 in order to make the process of correction in Voter ID card smooth and effective enough to benefit the citizens.
Follow these easy steps to change your Date of Birth in Voter ID Card
- Download Form 8 – CLICK HERE .
- Take a print out of the Form.
- Fill in the Form – the procedure will be same as that of the Online process.
- Tick the Entries to be Corrected “Date of Birth(Age)” in this case.
- Attach the proof of Date of Birth i.e, Birth Certificate
- Submit to your nearest Election Registration Office (ERO).
- It will take about 90 days for the details to get corrected. Do check the status regularly.
The procedure explained is the simplest of all and helps you in getting the Date of Birth details corrected faster. Do follow each and every step for successful correction.
Thank you!! Keep Reading!!!