In a democratic governing country like India, being registered as a voter is mandatory to be a part of the election process. This is a kind of proof for our citizenship in the country too! You should have an valid voter ID card along with your name included in the latest official voter ID list released by the election commission. There was a situation earlier, when you have to be around the government offices to get a voter ID or activate it. But now you can apply for a voter ID; apply for address change and any other services online and you will get your voter cards delivered to your address. You may require a voter ID address change after marriage, transfer in your current job, job in a new place, house shifting to a new location, moving to a new place for further studies etc.
How to Get Voter ID Address Change in the Simplest Way:
If you need to change the address in your voter ID, you are at the right place! Follow the simple procedure mentioned below for a voter ID address change online.
1. Filling the Form 8A – Online or Offline:
The thing to be done at the start is fill the 8A form.You can do it online as well as offline.
- Click here to download the 8A for.
- Fill the Online Form 8A from here.
Fill in the details carefully. You can submit the filled form in either online or offline path.
2. Filing the Application for Address Change:
- Generally the application is filed during revision period announced by the election commission.
- But, if the transfer is within the presently residing constituency, you can file the application round the year.
- The official websites of the state governments can be used for these purposes. You can get the 8A form in the following link: http://www.nvsp.in/forms/form8a.html
3. Offline Vs Online Submission:
- Offline submission requires submission of filled application to Election Registration Officer (ERO) or any election commission office nearby.
- Online submission is done directly with the scanned copies of Documents uploaded alongwith the application being submitted.
4. Voter ID Address Change Verification:
After submission of the application online or offline; the Booth Level Officers (BLO) will visit you at your residing address for confirmation and processing your application.
On his visit he will check the details you mentioned in the application and also ask for the original copies of the documents submitted along with the application.
When the BLO comes, it is important that you should be present at the new address at which you applied for the address change. Else, your application may not proceed further.
Voter ID Address Change – List of Documents to Be Submitted:
- 8A form already filled and submitted, either offline or online.
- Aadhar or other identification proof.
- Proof for old address.
- Proof for new address (recent electricity, telephone or other govt. utility bill, rent bill etc.).
When Will You Receive Your New Voter ID Card?
After the processing of your application, your address will be changed and updated and you will get your new voter ID. All this would take an approximate period of 2-3 weeks.
How To Track The Status Online?
After submission you need to keep a thing in mind. For tracking the status of your voter ID card online, you need an acknowledgement number. You have to check if you had taken the acknowledgement number from the Booth Level Officer before he leaves when he visits your house. You can track the status of your voter ID card online using the following link
You can now keep a check on the status of your application for the address change in the voter ID card. The date of delivery of voter ID also will be mentioned. You will get the new voter ID in about 2-3 weeks after filing your application.
Hope your queries are resolved. If not comment below your queries. For further details, refer other posts of the website.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.