The Indian voter card is issued by the Election Commission of India. The purpose is identity proof while casting votes during elections. The voter card is also called Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC). At times these cards have some errors or mistakes and will require you to go through the voter card correction procedure. If you do not have a voter card yet, you can get one by following instructions on this link.
If you have received a voter card with some mistakes or would like to make some correction then, for voter card correction, this is the procedure to be followed.
Voter Card Correction – How to do it?
You will have to fill form 8 online which can be found over here. To understand how to fill the form and who are eligible for applying, please read on.
Who can fill Form-8 and When?
- Form-8 can be filled only by the person who has his/her name already included in the electoral roll to seek voter card correction to his/her particulars printed in the electoral roll.
- One person cannot file application by filling in the particulars of any other person.
- Form-8 can be filled with the right particulars for voter card correction to particulars entered in the electoral roll.
- Fill the application within the specific days provided for the purpose of voter card correction.
- Fill only one copy of the application.
For Offline use , Download Voter ID Form 8 – Click Here
How to Fill up Voter Card Correction Form-8?
- Constituency – The voter card correction application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency in which the applicant’s name is already included.
- In the blank space, write the name of the constituency.
- Name – In Application Part I, write your name, as it should appear in the electoral roll.
- The full name of the applicant (except the surname) should be in the first box and surname should be in the second box.
- Caste should not be mentioned except in certain case of it being the surname.
- Honorific appellations should not be mentioned.
- This is mandatory. Please fill up the
- Part Number
- Serial number
- You should indicate Age in years and months as on January 1 of the year with reference to which the roll is printed.
- Write your sex in full in the space provided e.g. Male / Female.
- Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof)- Fill up the date of birth in figures in the space provided in dd/mm/yyyy. The date of birth proofs to be attached are to be one of the below:
- Certificate of birth issued by Municipal Authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate
- Certificate of birth from school last attended by the applicant or any other recognised educational institution
- If a person has passed class 10 or more, he/she should give a copy of the marksheet of class 10 , if it is a proof of date of birth
- A declaration in format prescribed as given in Annexure-1 made by either of his parents if the person is not educated till class 10
- A certificate of age as given by a Sarpanch of the Gram Panchayat concerned or by a member of the concerned Municipal Corporation / Municipal Committee, in case the person is not educated till class 10 and both the parents are not alive.
- Indian Passport.
- PAN Card.
- Driving License.
- Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI.
- Relation’s Name
- If unmarried female applicant, name of Father / Mother is to be mentioned.
- If married female applicant, name of Husband is to be mentioned.
- Place of Ordinary Residence – In Application Form Part – II, please fill up the complete postal address including PIN code. Proof of ordinary residence to be attached are as under:
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book
- Applicant’s Ration Card / Passport / Driving License / Income Tax Return filed or Assessment Order
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or that of his / her immediate relation like parents etc.
- Postal department’s posts received / delivered in the applicant’s name at the given address.
- Details of Elector’s Photo ID Card
- If you already have a Photo ID Card by the Election Commission, please mention the card number and date of issue in the space provided in Application Form Part III.
- Please attach photocopy of both sides of the card.
- Details of entries to be corrected (Very Important)
- In Application Part V (online form) or Part IV (offline), you should indicate the details of entries to be corrected.
- Clearly put a tick in the box next to the details that need to be corrected on the basis of information furnished in the previous parts of the voter card correction application.
- Please cut out the alternatives that are not to be corrected.
- In case the voter card correction application is for correcting a wrong photograph, then the applicant may write “My Photograph” in Part IV of the application and if possible, attach a recent passport size coloured photograph with the application.
- Please give full name and address on the acknowledgement and intimation portions.
Where to file and submit Form-8
- During revision period, an application can be filed at the designated places – online submission or to the local office of your constituency.
- During other times of the year, when the revision programme is not going on, the application can be filled only with the Electoral Registration Officer.
For specific instructions on changing name in your voter card, click over here.
By following the instructions given, one can have their voter card correction done.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.