The CEO Bihar is the officer who is in charge of ensuring implementation of the provisions of electoral laws in the Bihar state. The office of the CEO Bihar conduct elections, by-elections, and prepare the Bihar voter list in the state. The Chief Electoral Officer of Bihar is currently Ajay V Nayak.
CEO Bihar examines the documents for new registrations, corrections, does thorough verification, issues new, corrected, or duplicate Voter Id card and has other duties also.
If you have received a voter ID card with any errors, and you want to apply for voter id card correction, then the procedure is that you need to fill in FORM 8 and submit to the local ERO for completing the procedure to issue you an updated election card.
You will also need to submit the documents for your ID proof, residence proof as well as the correct and latest passport sized photograph to get it fixed in the updated Bihar voter list and the Electoral Photo Identity Card or EPIC or voter ID card as it is popularly known.
You can even post the entire bundle of papers that is your completed Form 8 with filled in details including the number of your existing voter ID card and the documents with a photograph, all addressed to the local ERO.
Process of Name change in Bihar Voter List
To change name of the individual in the Bihar voter list, the citizen needs to submit a filled in Form 8.
The procedure can also be completed online due to the voter ID card online application procedure. As with any other CEO form, FORM 8 can be downloaded from the ECI website of your state. You can also get the same by visiting the national website by clicking on this link, and going to the ‘link to state SEO’ option. Once you get the form, you can either fill it up online or take a printout to fill in and then submit it physically. The form filling procedure is the same as in the physical application.
You can even fill the online Form 8 from the NVSP Portal from here: Click to fill Form 8 Online
Download Form 8 for Offline Voter Correction: Click Here
Steps to fill Form 8
- The information to be filled in the Form 8
- In Application PART I, fill in your correct Name, your Age in years and months, your date of Birth, and your Father’s/Mother’s/Husband’s name.
- In Application PART II, fill in all the particulars pertaining to your permanent address and your current place of residence.
- In Application PART III, fill the existing voter ID card number that you currently have and the name of the constituency that your voter ID card is registered and issued in. If you do not have a voter ID card, apply for it online or check the status of your applied voter ID card by clicking on this link.
- In Application PART IV, which is the most important step; strike off the options that are not applicable to you, mainly the Age, Father’s/Mother’s/Husband’s Name, Sex, Address, EPIC number and photograph. Add the words ‘MY NAME’ and now submit the form, and attach the corrected photograph in the space provided for it or attach along with the documents.
- Fill in all the necessary details correctly in the acknowledgement with the date and place and also the receipt section accurately.
- Submit the form.
- Attach the documents as asked for above along with the online application and you can now submit it at the ERO office.
- You can also give your mobile number and your email address so that these can be used by the officers to contact you if needed.
- After filling it, submit it to the nearest Electoral Office.
- They will accept it and then provide a receipt for the same.
- The modification process might take up to three months time.
- Your name will be changed in Bihar voter list only when the next Bihar voter list is published.
After the Application for Correction is Submitted
- Once the submission is made, the procedure of verification will be started and a Booth Level Officer will carry out the verification procedure.
- Once all of the verification is done, you will get a new updated voter ID card and it will be changed in the Bihar voter list.
To now more about correction of other details, click on this link.
This is a very simple procedure which can be done through the internet using the national and state ECI websites to correct a wrong name in your voter ID card and the Bihar voter list. This same procedure can also be followed for correction of any other detail that is wrong in the election card you have received.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.