As the Election season is about to come in Bihar, many of the responsible citizens who are willing to vote and want to bring change in a Bihar are buckling up to register themselves in the voters list and get a Voter card Bihar for voting. Voter ID card not only allows you to vote but also serves as an essential ID or proof of a legal Indian Citizen.
There is always some confusion in minds of many citizens as how to register themselves in voters list, where to go, what to do and how to proceed. This whole article thus deals with all these prospects, helps you avoid confusion and to get you registered in voters list and have with you Voter Card Bihar, just before Bihar Elections.
Steps to get Voter Card Bihar:
There are basically two ways to apply for new Registration and voter Card Bihar. These two ways are either Online or Offline.
For Applying Online, all you need is a Computer, an Active Internet Connection, your Scanned Photograph and your Basic Residential Information.
The NIC also provide you with the facility to get your Voter card at your doorstep after Online Registration. Each and every citizen of the state have the power to do the registration online before going under Indian election system. For this, you need to follow these simple steps described below:
- Click on the image below to visit Bihar CEO Website. You can get all other details you want to know related to Bihar CEO from this website apart from applying for Voter card Bihar.
- After you open the website, click Citizen Service/Online Registration as shown below.
- For first time Registration or to add your name in voters list click on Form 6 and select your Region.
- Fill your Name, valid phone number and E-mail id and click on Register button.
- As you complete with previous step, you will shortly receive a verification code.
- Type your Mobile Number and Verification Code on second stage section and click on Login button.
- As you logged in to your A/c, fill all the details, and upload a passport sized photo less than 20kb.
- Check again that you have filled all the information’s above and click on Upload once you are sure.
- For perfect and effective Registrations, you need to upload all the documents like Residence proof, birth date proof and Id Number of any of your Family Member.
- You will get an acknowledgement letter, which you need to download and take a printout
Who can fill form 6?
- Anyone who has just crossed 18years of age or more on the first day of January of the year with reference to which the electoral roll is being revised.
- Person shifting his/her place of ordinary residence outside the constituency in which he/she is already registered.
When to fill Form-6?
- The application can be filed after draft publication of electoral roll of the constituency. The application is to be filed within the specific days provided for the purpose.
- You are supposed to file only one copy for the application.
- You can fill or apply for new Voter Card Bihar throughout the year even when the revision programme is not going on. During non-revision period, application must be filed in duplicate.
Where to file Form-6?
- During revision period, the application can be filed at the designated locations where the draft electoral roll is displayed (mostly polling station locations) as well as the Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
- During other period of the year when revision programme is not going on, the application can be filed only with the Electoral Registration Officer.
Following are the documents that need to be attached as Proof of date of birth are as under:
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate; or
- Birth certificate from the school (Govt. / Recognised) last attended by the applicant or any other recognised educational institution; or
- Illiterate or semi-illiterate applicant who is not in possession of any of the above document are required to attach a declaration in prescribed format by either of the parents already included in the electoral roll in support of the applicants age. The format will be supplied on demand.
#NOTE: As you are done with the registration process either through online or offline mode like, the officer will come at your place, usually your place of residence which you provided while applying just to verify all your information along with your documents attached with the application. All you need is to be there at that time when the officer visits you for the verification. Once he done with his work, he will provide you a date in which you need to come at the centre and to collect the Voter Card Bihar. Though it is a very long term process within 2 months, you will be able to collect your very easily and comfortably.