Get your Voter Card Verification done by the election commission in simple steps to get your Electoral Card on time.
A Proof of Identity (POI) card and also a necessary document to be able to vote, the Voter ID Card is issued by the Election Commission of India. This POI card is generally issued to all the citizens of India, who are above the age of 18 years, during the election period. It is deemed necessary to present this card when you go for casting a vote during the elections. This card is also widely used as a reliable and accepted identity proof and as a proof of address for common purposes.
The Voter ID Verification can be applied for by a simple online process, after the applicant has completed and submitted Form 6 for getting Voter ID Card.
Voter Card Verification
Voter ID Card – Physical verification
Creating a Voter ID card is a process involving two steps –
1) You need to submit your details by filling the required form and supported with proof documents.
2) Verification of your details is done by an officer of the Election Commission of India.
Voter ID Card – Online verification
- After you have submitted your voter ID card application, the applicant can check status of voter card verification online. You may contact for any support or help, the helpline number 23918888 and 1950.
- Otherwise, you can also check the status of your voter card application online by entering the details of your application ID.
After the applicant has submitted the completed voter ID application, he or she can also opt for voter ID card online verification. Status of addition of the applicant’s name in the electoral roll in desired constituency can also be checked online from the website of election commission. In a matter of few days, an officer will visit you for verification purposes. The advantage of online application is also that you get your Electoral Card in just one month.
Importance of Voter ID Verification
Verification of details provided is a crucial step taken by the Indian government in order to secure the applicant’s details and also control rackets and corruption. All that the applicant is required to do is to get his or her Voter ID verified, the first time after applying for it.
The government is making its best efforts to make all processes related to electoral card, simple and convenient for the citizens.
- The National Voters Services Portal has been started,to simplify services to voters by making processes online. Any applicant or voter can now easily apply for a new voter ID, delete his or her profile, make any desired corrections in the electoral card and also make necessary changes in the constituency according to current residential address from the website. Thus, there is no need to always go to the constituency where you are previously registered, every time.
- Finding your name on the Electoral roll has become simple as online electoral rolls of all the constituencies of India have been uploaded by the Election Commission. Everything is simply a single link away!
- Linking of your Aadhaar card to your electoral card makes it easier for the government to protect and secure your details. Also, the process of linking of Voter ID card with the Aadhaar cards of the voters will significantly decrease the number of fake voter cards as well as any other rackets that may be connected to the voter ID cards in India.
How to create your Voter ID?
Any eligible applicant can submit the required details for creation of new Voter ID in two ways, i.e., online process or the offline process. The applicant is required to fill in form 6 and then submit the completed application to the Election Commission of India.
Online creation of Voter ID:
- Go tothe website http://nvsp.in/forms/form6.html.
- Fill in all the details appropriately and upload scanned copies of the essential documents. Click the submit button after you have completed the application.
Offline creation of Voter ID:
Download the Form 6 from the given link, print it and fill all required details appropriately – http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/forms/FORM6.pdf. Attach photocopies of the essential documents as required, and submit to the nearest electoral office.
After submission, the next step is the verification of voter details. To make the process easier, follow the following guidelines.
- Give the address where you are currently residing, if possible.
- You need to stay at the address provided by you in the application, for the verification to complete.
- An Election Commission officer will come to the provided address for verification of the residential address. After completion of questions and his satisfaction to your identity, he will get some documents signed by you.
Post completion of you Voter Card Verification procedure; you will receive your voter ID in mail, in a few days.
Comment Policy [Please read this before posting your comments]: Only use your real name. Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, do not share any personal information in your comments. For further details, please read our Comments Policy available over here.