Found on the nation’s western coast, Gujarat stands out amongst the most energetic waterfront states of India, rich in specialties, history, and characteristic magnificence. The spot gets its name from “Gujaratta” significance the place where there are Gujars who passed through Punjab and settled in a few parts of Western India. They were the sub tribes of the Huns who ruled the territory amid eighth and ninth hundreds of years AD. The historical backdrop of Gujarat goes over to 2000 BC. It is accepted that Lord Krishna emptied Mathura and settled his new capital on the west bank of Surashatra at Dwarka. Gujarat is limited by the Arabian Sea on the west, Pakistan and Rajasthan in the north and northeast separately, Madhya Pradesh in the southeast and Maharashtra in south.
Gujarat with the longest coastline (1290km) in the nation is prestigious for its antiquated sanctuaries, virgin shorelines, and memorable capitals packed with massive design resources, untamed life asylums and slope resorts. Other than its fluctuated objectives, this modernly propelled state is additionally known for its entrancing handiworks, materials, mouth-watering cooking, enthusiastic fairs, celebrations, and the beautiful way of life.
Find the resources to solve your queries and doubts or get help regarding CEO Gujarat, below:
The Government Before CEO Gujarat
Gujarat is governed by a Legislative Assembly of 182 members. Members of the Legislative Assembly are elected on the basis of adult suffrage from one of 182 constituencies, of which 13 are reserved for scheduled castes and 27 for scheduled tribes. The term of office for a member of the Legislative Assembly is five years. The Legislative Assembly elects a speaker who presides over the meetings of the legislature. A governor is appointed by the President of India, and is to address the state legislature after every general election and the commencement of each year’s first session of the Legislative Assembly. The leader of the majority party or coalition in the legislature (Chief Minister) or his or her designee acts as the Leader of the Legislative Assembly. The administration of the state is led by the Chief Minister. The current Chief Minister of the state is Anandiben Patel, who recently took office after Narendra Modi was elected as Prime Minister of India.
Who is the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat?
Smt. Anita Karwal was appointed as the Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
by the Election Commission of India. She has succeeded Shri Vinod Kumar Babbar who has resigned from the post citing personal reasons. Anita Karwal’s date of birth is 26th November 1962 and her place of domicile is Delhi. Her mother tongue is Hindi, but she is also well versed in English and French.
She is an Indian Administrative Service Officer and 1988 alumni of Gujarat State Cadre. Ms. Anita Karwal has excellent academic records as she is a gold medalist in B.A. (Hons) and LL.B. She also has to her credit a Masters Degree in Political Science from Delhi University and an M.Phil. in African Studies. Anita Karwal has been a front runner in all her academic endeavors which even includes a Diploma in French.
Her project on e-Governance has won her the Nihilent Award 2005 by the Computer Society of India under the category of Best Service Orientation Project. Before becoming the CEO Gujarat, Ms. Anita Karwal was serving as the Secretary, Primary Education in the Gujarat Government.
Office Address of Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Gujarat
- CEO Gujarat
Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Gujarat State,
General Administration Departmant,
Block No. 7, Second Floor, Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar
Name Office Phone Number Office Fax Number
Smt.Anita Karwal (IAS)
Chief Electoral Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
079-23250316 079-23250318 (phone)
- Shri. A. H. Manek
Additional Chief Electoral Officer email@example.com
079-23250319 079-23250324 (fax)
- Dr. S. Murli Krishna (IAS)
Additional Chief Electoral Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
079-23257075 079-23257074 (phone)
- Shri Sanjeev Kumar (IAS)
Additional Chief Electoral Officer email@example.com
- Shri. S. M. Damor Deputy
Chief Electoral Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
079-23250319 079-23250324 (fax)
- Shri. B.H. Vaishnav
Under Secretary email@example.com
- Shri. Ronak Mehta
Under Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
GAD Election Division
Back to Top
Behind the scenes: Election Commission of India
The Commission has a secretariat at New Delhi, comprising of around 300 authorities, in a various leveled set-up.
Two Deputy Election Commissioners, the senior-most officers in the Secretariat, aid the Commission. Chiefs, main secretaries, and secretaries, under secretaries and representative executives help the Deputy Election Commissioners thus.
There is utilitarian and regional appropriation of work in the Commission. The work is composed in divisions, limbs and segments; each of the last said units is accountable for a Section Officer.
The primary utilitarian divisions are arranging, legal, organization, data frameworks, media and secretariat co-appointment.
The regional work is circulated among partitioned units in charge of diverse zones into which the 29 constituent states and six Union regions are gathered for convenience of administration.
At the state level, the race work is directed by a Chief Electoral Officer, who is named by the Commission from amongst senior common servants. He is a full time officer and is helped by a supporting staff.
Presently as the voter of Gujarat here is the thing that you would do if you like to see a change in your state; enroll as a voter and use your incomparable force
CEO Gujarat Voter Registration Forms
- Registration of Name in Electoral Roll (Form-6)
- Registration of Name in Voter List (For Overseas Voter) [Form-6A]
- Deletion Of Name in Voter List (Form-7)
- Change Details in Voter Roll (Form-8)
- Change Voter Details in Voter Roll (Form-8A)
- Voter Agreement (Form-13A)
- Voter Guidelines (Form-13D)
Back to Top
About CEO Gujarat Department and Official Website Works
The CEO Gujarat is a straightforward division to natives which makes election decision related works. The division works under the CEO Gujarat and Two Election Commissioners which have three Dy. Race and 2 Director Generals on their under and under them the every state CEO works
CEO Gujarat has two bodies first Roll Observers and second Various Election Observers. The District Election Officer DEO/ Appellate Officers is an approved individual in Roll Observers Department which have different works. The Roll Observers dept lookup the methodology of appointive Voter ID card enlistment for which Electoral Registration Officer works alongside the staff of Assistant Electoral Registration Officer, Sector Officers and Designated Officers. Under the Designated Officer the Booth Level Officer BLO works.
In the different election supervising jobs, decision officer is an approved individual which has returning officer for gathering voting demographic, partner returning officer, segment officers alongside surveying staff and corner level officer work under them.
The official website http://ceo.gujarat.gov.in has designed to keep all the information regarding to the Gujarat state. The Official site has two sections for clients/ nationals and for managerial. In client part subjects of Gujarat have the capacity make their enlistment for electing move to enlist their name online for new voter id card to download different sorts of use structure and different data under the privilege of data act. Through the administrator part the approved individual transfer information time to time.
Qualification for Registration of Name in CEO Gujarat Electoral Roll
All persons who are fulfilling the conditions mentioned below are eligible to be registered as CEO Gujarat electors.
(1) The person should be an Indian Citizen ( Section 16 of R.P. Act, 1950 ).
(2) The person should not be of unsound mind and stands so by a competent court (Section 16 ibid)
(3) He is not disqualified from voting under the provisions of any law relating to corrupt practices and other offences in connection with elections (Section 16 ibid).
(4) A person should not have been registered with his name in any other constituency. I.E. No person shall be entitled to be registered in the electoral roll in more than one constituencies (Section 17 ibid).
(5) A person should not have been registered with his name at an another address on the same constituency. I.E. No person shall be entitled to be registered in the electoral roll in any constituency more than once. ( Section 18 ibid).
(6) A person should be an adult I.E. he should have attained the age of 18 years on qualifying date ( Section 19 ibid ).
(7) A person should be ordinarily a resident in the Assembly constituency in which he intends his name to be registered in the electoral roll. (Section 19 ibid).
Two important facts viz. the qualifying date and ordinarily resident are stated here in above qualifications relating to registration of one’s name in the electoral roll.
Procedure of Preparation and Revision of CEO Gujarat Electoral Roll
Provision is made in Section 21 of the R.P. Act 1950 relating to revision of CEO Gujarat electoral rolls. Besides the procedure for preparing the electoral rolls and revisions thereof is devised very systematically in registration of electors rules 1960.
In rule 4 to 22 of the said rules, detailed provisions are made for preparation of electoral rolls.
(1) In the Election Commission’s standing instructions it is specified that the electoral rolls will be prepared in which form and languages under Rule-4.
(2) Electoral rolls of each constituency are prepared in separate parts under rule 5. In last part the manes of service electors are registered.
(3) In case the electoral rolls are prepared denovo through intensive revision the registration of electors is carried out by house to house visit and the draft electoral roll is prepared on its basis. In case of summary revision the changes (corrections, additions, deletions) in the existing electoral rolls up to the date of draft publication are covered and draft is prepared. Under rule 10, with issue of a notice in Form No. 5 the draft electoral roll is published. Such publication is made in the Office of the Electoral Registration Officer. Moreover, under rule 11, to give a wide publicity to the draft electoral roll it is also published at public places, polling stations, Gram Panchayat Offices etc.
Besides, the political parties registered by election commission for which the election symbols are reserved are supplied two copies of electoral rolls free of cost.
(4) The Election Commission of India gives the schedule and period for filing claims and objections for inclusion of the names of electors which are not included in the draft electoral roll published. Ordinarily the period for claims and objection is allowed 30 days. However, the election Commission can make a change therein.
(5) The claims and objections are to be submitted during the period fixed by the Election Commission. Claim for entering the name is to be presented in Form-6, where as the application for objection against any entry in the names is to be submitted in Form-7. To take any objection for the additional entries in electoral roll the application is to be made in Form-8.
(6) The objection can be submitted to the Electoral Registration Officer in person or through post. Besides, the ERO appoints designated officers at polling stations to receive claims and objections. Also the claims can be submitted before him. Under Rule-15 the designated officer will forward such applications of claims and objections to the ERO with appropriate remarks as he deems fit.
(7) Under rule-16 the ERO shall enter this claims and objections in Form-9, 10 and 11 and publish it in the notice board.
(8) Under Rule-17 the ERO shall reject the claims and objections received after prescribed time limit and not received in prescribed Form.
(9) The ERO without further enquiry excepts under rule-18 all such claims and objections for which he is satisfied.
(10) After disposal of the claims and objections under Rule-17 & 18 as mentioned above, the notice is served to the applicants for the remained claims and objections and after conducting necessary enquiry he disposes the same immediately under Rule-20.
(11) After disposal of all claims and objections and preparation and printing of the supplementary electoral rolls the ERO issues notice in Form-16 under rule-22 and publishes the final electoral roll.
(12) During revision of electoral rolls if there is any objection against the decision of Electoral Registration Officer, appeal can be made before the District Election Officer under Rule-23.
(13) Under rule-25 the names can be registered in the electoral roll any time even if there is not ongoing programme of revision of electoral roll. Though, the electoral rolls will be freased during the period from last date for filing nomination to the date of completion of election, under the provision made in Section 23(3) of the R.P. Act 1950. Thus, during this period no correction or change can be made in the electoral roll.
(14) For the applications for entering the names under rule-26 during the period, when there is not ongoing programme for revision of electoral rolls, the appeal against the decision of ERO shall be made to the State Chief Electoral Officer under rule-27.
Back to Top
How to Apply Online for CEO Gujarat Voter ID Card?
Citizens of Gujarat who had just crossed their adult age of 18 years old are able to submit their registration form or new voter id card registration in new enrollment list. For which the CEO Dept of Gujarat had provided the online official page to make registration online. See the below given process and apply for new voter id card online now.
=> First go to the portal of http://ceo.gujarat.gov.in where you may have to find and click on the option of ”Online Voter ID Registration”.
=> The page will redirect you in portal where you will get the option to login if you are already a exacting user then enter the required information or if you don’t have id or pass then click to the option of ”New Registration”.
=> In the new registration section you need to fill the application form with your required information in gujarat.gov.in/ceo-gujarat/User_Registration.aspx as per following:
1. Your full name (first, middle, last)
2. Complete communication address
3. Your district name
4. Enter you Pin code (zip code)
5. Fill your mobile number
6. Fill your email id (current using)
7. Select a user name
8. Take a password
=> After these process you need to go back on the gujarat.gov.in/ceo-gujarat/User_Registration.aspx login page and need to enter. Here you will get the registration form 6 which you need to fill and also need to attach your all documents like for address proof, date of birth certificate or your any document which proof your age and other required documents. You also have to attach a passport size photo and same photo you need to show while the time of verification.
How to Apply for CEO Gujarat Voter ID Card Offline Registration?
In this process you have to download CEO Gujarat form number 6 which is available in ceo.gujarat.gov.in/form 6.pdf portal page and the need to send in your nearest BLO office. Before going to apply for the new voter ID card in Gujarat after taking the Application form page printout through CEO official website you have to read all the guidelines and instructions in FormsForVoterEnglish/Form6_English_Instructions. official page link for general instructions.
You will have to reach your area locality nearest BLO officer along with all documents and proofs for your address and age. After that the BLO officer will gives you an acknowledgement slip which you need to keep safe.
How to Get CEO Gujarat Voter ID Card after Online Registration?
After completing the registration for new voter id card online or offline on CEO Gujarat website or ECI website you will get a notification by the BLO officer and the officer will come to visit your place. The officer will take the all verification. You need to show your all documents while the time of verification which you had attached with your form no. 6 in online registration or offline registration.
After this process you will have to visit as per the given date by BLO officer at his office along with the acknowledgement slip. You must have to show your slip to receive your Voter ID card.
For more information visit: voteridcard.org.in/how-to-get-voter-id-card-gujarat
Back to Top
Search Your Name in the Voter’s List (Electoral Roll)
To search your name in the CEO Gujarat Electoral Roll, Booth Level Officer and Polling Station Details, kindly follow the below mentioned steps.
By Name :
- Select District Name
- Enter Surname
- Enter Name
- Enter Father / Husband Name
- Enter Age
- Select Gender and
- Click on Search Button
By ID Card No :
- Select District Name
- Enter ID Card Number and
- Click on Search Button
Search Here : ceo-gujarat/master/Elector-Search-Dist-AC-Serial
Search Your Name By Area and Booth Level Officer (Electoral Roll) :
- ** Select Language
- English Gujarati
- Select District Name
- Enter Area/Locality Name and Pincode
- Click on Search button
Search Here : ceo-gujarat/master/Elector-Search-Dist-AC.
Booth Level Officer and Polling Station Details :
- Select District Name
- Select AC Name
- Select Report Type and
- Click on “Generate Report” button.
Get Details Here : erms.gujarat.gov.in/ceo-gujarat/reports/acreport.
Know Your Polling Stations :
To Know Your Polling Station, Kindly follow the mentioned steps below.
Step-1 : Select the District Name
Step-2 : Select AC Name
Step-3 : Select Report Type
Booth Level Officers List
List of Booth with Location
List of Booth with Area – Sections
Step-4 : Click on “Generate Report” button.
Get Details Here :ceo-gujar…/acreport
Get Electoral Roll Details By SMS :
Possession of EPIC is not a guarantee of franchise. For being able to cast your vote, it is mandatory that you be registered in the Electoral roll. To check if your name is in the Electoral Roll, you may search on this website or call over
Helpline number 1950 or send SMS epic < space > < your voter ID Number > to 9227500958.
Back to Top
Complain Toll Free Numbers Details :
District – Toll Free Number
1 . Kachchh – 1800 233 1588
2 . Banaskantha – 1800 233 2742
3 . Patan -1800 233 221700
4 . Mahesana -1800 233 555555
5 . Sabarkantha – 1800 233 1941
6 . Arvalli – 1800 233 1940
7 . Gandhinagar – 1800 233 1031
8 . Ahmedabad – 1800 233 7909
9 . Surendranagar – 02752 284999
10. Morbi -02822 242601
11. Rajkot – 1800 233 22334
12. Jamnagar – 1800 233 7401
13. DevbhumiDwarka – 1800 233 3002
14. Porbandar – 1800 233 3145
15. Junagadh – 1800 233 3150
16. Gir Somnath – 1800 233 146
17. Amreli – 1800 233 2872
18. Bhavnagar – 1800 233 1112
19. Botad – 1800 233 4413
20. Anand – 1800 233 2692
21. Kheda – 1800 233 0268
22. Mahisagar – 1800 233 0880
23. Panchmahals – 1800 233 1060
24. Dahod -1800 233 1072
25. Vadodara – 1800 233 0066
26. ChhotaUdepur -1800 233 4433
27. Narmada – 1800 233 2640
28. Bharuch – 1800 233 2647
29. Surat -1800 233 4610
30. Dangs – 1800 233 4272
31. Navsari – 1800 233 2637
32. Valsad – 1800 233 2632
33. Tapi -1800 233 1630
View Numbers Here : ceo.gujarat.gov.in/TollFreecompaint
District Help Lines Numbers Details :
District – STD Code – Phone Number
1 . Kachchh – 02832 – 254024
2 . Banaskantha- 02742 – 251707
3 . Patan -02766 – 227100
4 . Mahesana – 02762 – 220423
5 . Sabarkantha – 02772 – 243700
6 . Arvalli -02774 – 247812
7 . Gandhinagar – 079 – 23251243
8 . Ahmedabad – 079 – 27559000
9 . Surendranagar – 02752 – 284333
10. Morbi – 02822 -246101
11. Rajkot – 0281 -2450671
12. Jamnagar -0288 – 2541441
13. DevbhumiDwarka – 02833 -233003
14. Porbandar – 0286 – 2220100
15. Junagadh – 0285 – 2633259
16. Gir Somnath – 02876 – 240006
17. Amreli – 02792 – 234001
18. Bhavnagar – 0278 – 2512111
19. Botad – 02849 – 231308
20. Anand – 02692 – 262295
21. Kheda – 0268 – 2553044
22. Mahisagar – 02674 – 252165
23. Panchmahals – 02672 – 241288
24. Dahod – 02673 -239231
25. Vadodara – 0265 – 2420000
26. ChhotaUdepur -02669 – 233016
27. Narmada – 02640 – 220634
28. Bharuch – 02642 -260182
29. Surat – 0261 – 2462800
30. Dangs- 02631- 220272
31. Navsari – 02637- 280033
32. Valsad – 02632 – 244376
33. Tapi -02626 -221185
View Numbers Here : ceo.gujarat.gov.in/DistHelpLine
To Know the Updated CEO Gujarat Electoral Rolls
Open the website: ceo.gujrat.gov.in
Click on the right hand side tab electoral rolls (pdf)
A window will appear
Enter district and assembly
And click on show for your desired roll.
Gujarat State New Voter ID Status Check at ceo.gujarat.gov.in
Chief election commission of Gujarat has provided an opportunity for those citizens who have registered their voter application recently, to check their voter status online. They also allow citizens of Gujarat to register from their online web portal. It is very easy to use their Chief election commission website.
So, if you have recently registered your voter application for Gujarat. Then, you have an opportunity to check your voter status from online in less time. The CEO portal website is an initiative of CEO Gujarat and CEO Indian for the welfare of citizens of Gujarat.
Our first step is to Visit chief election commission of Gujarat web portal. The CEO Gujarat website address is http://ceo.gujarat.gov.in. This is their official a website. Click on the given link and you will be taken to their website homepage.
Our second step is to check for voter status check online. Now, on right sidebar we have to click on for Voters button and under it we have to select on “check you name in voter list”. Click on that link and you will be redirected to a new web page where you can check your voter application status.
After clicking on that link you will be redirected to a new web page to check your voter application status. SO, after visiting the site you have to select a search mode and search your voter status online for free. There are two search modes available. One is by Name and second is by Voter ID card number. You can also select the language to see your electoral details. You have English and Gujarati language options.
Now Enter your Registered Voter ID Reference Number of CEO Gujarat New Voter Application Number then Click in Submit Option, You have Seen your Voter ID Status with EPIC Number and your Poling Station Details Successfully if you have allotted.
So,Go press that button and hear that beep because your vote decides it all.