Years back, voter’s card was not an essential item during elections. However, under the directive of the Election Commission of India (ECI), the voter ID card has become mandatory for elections. The task to issue electors’ photo identity card (EPIC) card to all eligible voters in the country was so huge that it could have perhaps taken decades to complete the 1st cycle of distribution
Andhra Pradesh became the first state to organize the online application of voter ID card successfully. Today, election related work, such as registration of voter card, inclusion of voter into the voter list, rectification of errors in the name or address of the electoral card and lot more are done by the voter himself – through online means.
State-Wise Online Application: Voter ID Card AP Online
Although the ECI is the highest authority regarding the elections in India, each state has their respective Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) who works under the guidance of ECI’s head, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC). Voters can access their respective state CEO’s website to pursue various tasks on voter card and voters list.
Apply for Voter ID Card AP Online or for Any Other State in India:
If you are staying in Andhra Pradesh and want to apply for a voter ID card AP to vote at an assembly constituency in the state, you can do so through the following steps:
- Access http://www.ceoandhra.nic.in website. The Home Page of the website is displayed. It asks you to register with your credentials to get your username and password.
- Once done, you will get a unique username name and password.
- Login with this user name and password. You will be directed to an e-registration link.
- Click the E-registration link. You will come across various forms.
- Access the correct form as per your need. For instance:
- Use Form 6 if you are a new voter without a voter ID card at all.
- Use Form 8 if your name is not in the voter list of your assembly constituency or data in your voter ID card is wrong.
- Use Form 8A if you have changed your address in the same assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- Once done, you need to click the Submit button. A registration number would be provided to you. Don’t forget to submit hard copies of your age proof and address proof to the nearest Election Registration Officer (ERO)’s office.
In case, you are not a new user, Andhra Pradesh CEO’s department will send across a voter ID card through post. If you are a new voter, the Booth Level Officers (BLO) will visit you to verify the credentials. Once verified, you can expect to get your voter card soon.
Here is a quick and simple video guide about applying online CEO Andhra Pradesh(AP) official website: –
If You’ve Not Received Your Election Card
If no one comes for the verification of your Voter ID Card application or you have not yet received your voter card even after months of waiting, you need to approach Booth Level Officers or visit your State Election Commission’s office.
First, check the status of your voter ID Card to find out whether your records appear in the voter’s database . If the records are there, you will get your card soon. If not, visit the zonal officer of your Andhra Pradesh assembly constituency.