Voters need to have their names listed in the voter list so that they can cast the votes during the elections. Very often, people who had had their names listed in the voter list found that the names were missing when they went to the polling booth on the election day, that means that even after having a valid voter ID card, they were not able to vote on election day for their candidate. They go back to the homes without exercising their franchise during the elections.
Such situations, like not being able to vote on election day can be avoided only if you search for your name in voter list online with just a few clicks of your computer mouse. Most of the voter list search operations are web-enabled, so it is considerably easier for the Election Commission of India (ECI) to manage the elections in India with ease and address those issues regarding voter card registration and related others.
To know how to apply for a Voter ID Card online, click on this link
Recommended Read: Importance of a Voter ID Card, click here.
Importance of your name in Voter List:
You need to know and find out whether your name is included in the voter list to be able to be eligible to vote in the elections on election day.
There are other reasons why voters need to search the voter ID in the voter list through the internet online. For example:
- An updated voter ID card (also known as EPIC) is a special ID card that identifies a genuine voter from one who is not.
- A voter ID/election card showing the change in residence address allows one to open a bank account with a government recognized bank, and buy or rent an apartment.
- One can use the voter ID card as proof to apply for a passport. Other forms of ID card such as PAN card, Aadhaar card etc. can also be used.
- Aadhaar card can be linked to the voter ID card for ease of name used in various applications.
You cannot avail the above-mentioned services when your voter ID card is not updated in the voter list. You may also get rejected from getting many other government services offered to people having a valid voter ID card and name in voter list.
If you have already applied for a voter ID card, you can also find out the status of your card here by clicking on the link.
Get your queries solved with Voter List Online:
There is no need to get hassled by visiting the Election Registration Officer (ERO) office and then wait for your turn to get your query clarified. Your answers will be clarified in very less time by searching for the voter ID card in the online voter list on the web.
State Election Commission Websites:
- To open the websites of the various State Election Commissions of different states or the State CEO Websites, you can click here to find the complete list to navigate to your required page.
- You can also search on the Central Election Commission portal by clicking on this link here.
National Voters Service Portal:
The National Voters Service Portal has recently been launched by the Election Commission of India and it provides a single window service for the tasks like the voter search in voter list, the registration of new voter ID card online or to download the Election Commission of India Identity Card/voter ID card online slip.
Online processing of data on the voter list, voter search on the voter list and applying for voter ID card / EPIC is very easy now.
On the National Voters’ Service Portal, you can not only apply for new voter registration but you can also perform the voter ID card number search in voter list or search by any other information in just a couple of seconds in a very fast manner.
Check name in voter list by voter search:
There are 3 different options for a citizen of India to check your or any of your friends’ or relatives’ Name in the voter list.
- In the first option, that is, the “Search your entry by ID Card No.” option, you can search for your Name in the voter list just by providing your EPIC/Voter ID card number in the search in voter list.
- In the second option, that is, the “Search your entry by Name” option, you can search in the voter list by providing your name along with your District, and your Constituency which is mandatory and also your parents’ name to refine your search in the voter list.
- The third option is the “Search your entry by Area/Locality” option, in which you will need to provide the information such as your District name and your Area name. You will seea lot of voters’ names in the voter list who are registered from that particular area of the district. You can scroll down to find your name in the voter list and note down all the details required for you.
Find the name in online electoral roll / voter list:
- You can search your name in the digital Electoral Roll available on the CEO websites of the state where you live in.
- Search for your state’s electoral roll by clicking on this link.
Steps to search for voter ID card / EPIC online in voter list:
To search for the voter ID card and to search for voter name in the voter list online, you should perform the following steps:
- Visit NVSP.in by clicking on the link, which is the official website for the National Voters’ Service Portal by the Election Commission of India.
- Otherwise, you can log on to the Election Commission of India website or the state Election Commission websites by clicking on this link depending on the state in which you have registered for your voter ID card or EPIC card. The Election Commission has set up separate websites for each state.
- There would be a lot of options available on the various Election Commission websites for various services provided by the Election Commission of India, ranging from a new voter application online to the linking of the Aadhaar Card to the EPIC / Voter ID card. The option you needed to be focused on is the ‘Search Your Name in Electoral Roll’ option.
- The above mentioned option would help you carry out the voter ID card number/ EPIC number search. When you click the option, you would be taken to a website called ElectoralSearch.in which you can visit by clicking on the link.
- ElectoralSearch.in is the official website for conducting voter ID card number search in the voter list of the Election Commission of India.
- When the web page loads, make sure you choose the desirable option for you so as to search your name in the voters’ list by the different options available by entering your name and other details or just by entering your EPIC / Voter ID Card number.
- If you want to make your voter name search in the voter list by entering your EPIC No., then just click on the option, ‘Search by EPIC No.‘ that is available on the page.
- In the page that opens, enter your EPIC / voter ID card Number and then select the State in which you are registered as a voter to search in voter list.
- Then you can hit enter, that is, you can also click on the ‘Search’ button for the search to begin.
- You would see the match in the appropriate voter list corresponding to the voter ID card number you have provided and the State selected by you.
- If you want to make your voter name search in the voter list by entering your details, then just click on the option, ‘Search by Name‘ or ‘Search by Area / Locality‘ that is available on the page.
- Once you click on that button, the page will now ask you to fill in your details on the page.
- Select your District from the drop down menu.
- Select your Constituency from the drop down menu.
- Specify your Name and House Number correctly in the given box.
- After filling the page with all of your correct details, click on the ‘Search’ button at the bottom of the page or click on ‘Enter’.
- Clicking on the ‘Search’ button will display all of your details of voter search in voter list of the voter ID card / EPIC card online on your screen.
- You will be able to see all of the details required that are pertaining to your voter ID card.
You can download the EPIC / voter ID card slip, with your voter identity card details after searching for the voter ID card in the voter list online.
- When you click on the ‘Print’ option, the election commission of India identity card / voter ID card slip will be magnified on the screen and you will be able to see another window with a button having ‘Print’ option on it.
- If you click on the ‘Print’ button, your voter ID card slip will be printed on the paper in your printer.
- Make sure there are enough papers in your paper for printing the voter ID card slip that you searched in the voter list online.
You have now successfully obtained your online voter ID card slip and downloaded it for your further usage and storage.
Thus, by online methods, it is extremely easy to search for your name in the voter list online in various alternative methods.